There are many modules in ERP which helps to control the managing of the business. Modules of ERP helps to manage all the resources off the business enterprise. The various ERP modules are:-
- Human Resource Module– The Human Resource department helps the HR team to efficiently manage the human resources. HR module helps to manage employee information, track employee records.
- Inventory Module– Inventory module helps to track the list of items. Items can be identified with their unique serial number. The unique serial number helps to track the order and where the order is processed in the organisation.
- Sales Module– Sales process includes processes like queries of sales and enquiry analysis & handling, drafting of quotations, accepting orders for sales, making sales invoices with proper taxation, dispatch/Shipment of material or service, tracking sales order.
- Purchase Module– Purchase module helps to take care of all the processes that are parts of procurement of items or raw materials that are required for the organization. Purchase module is integrated with Inventory module & Engineering/production module for updating of stocks.
- Finance & Accounting module– The finance module helps to monitor the inflow and outflow of capital. This module keeps track of invoices, balance sheet, expenditures, ledgers, budgets, bank statements ,payment receipts etc.
- Production module– Production module helps the manufacturing industry for delivering product. This module consist of functionalities like production planning, machine handling, raw material usage, Bill of material (BOM) preparation, tracking daily production progress and actual production reporting.
History of ERP
History of ERP can be studied from this article
The term ERP was coined in 1990. ERP is the way to your business success in the long run. ERP experienced growth in the 1990’s and since then it is widely used in any form of business. Since then it is widely used in the manufacturing industry and inventory management. Then it began to be used by the MRP systems and so on. ERP components are many but only a few are yielding results.
ERP modules are created with the lot of efforts and taking into concentration all the aspects of the business. ERP system creates a more lithe company that can adapt to different changes. ERP also complete the quality of one’s business. ERP software system assists in connecting to real time data.
ERP can help the upper management to support in decision making. It can improve the security of your data. Most of the ERP systems indulge in best practices. They can also be extended with third party software but it its not needed in GAP OSM as it is already an extended version of ERP and can also be extended further. Employee Movement can also be viewed through ERP. The software is designed to handle various configurations, and behaves predictably in any allowed configuration. ERP helps to maintain proper balance between various processes in the business organisation.