An event was organised at G.A.P on 4th January, 2017 to ‘Let’s Go Green 2017’. This event involved various activities followed by lunch. The various activities involved pledges which were taken by various G.A.Pians to keep their surroundings clean and green, to save energy, paper and water and to segregate waste.
Let’s discuss about How to Go Green
Our world is trying to go green but we are so far into pollution that its very difficult to start over but it is never too late that is why today would be a good time to start our going green 2017. Going Green is a matter of saving up energy and water supply to try and save planet earth from more harm that humans have already caused.
To Go Green means taking care of where we live, our earth. Going green means paying attention to the 3R’s.
The 3R’s are Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. On this day the G.A.Pians made promises to Go Green this year for the various activities like to save energy, to save water, to save paper, to take care of plants, to segregate the waste and to look after the cleanliness.
The ways to save water are:-
- Check all pipes and toilets for leaks.
- Take shorter showers
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth or shaving.
- Rinse vegetables in full sink or pan of water.
- Wash full loads of clothes.
- Use drip irrigation system.
- Equip all hoses with shut off nozzles.
- Use a bucket instead of a hose to wash your car.
The ways to save energy are:-
- Turn heaters and coolers off when not in need.
- Wash clothes using cold water, by this you can save energy and money.
- Stop standby power wastage
- Use energy efficient light bulbs
The ways to save paper are:-
- Reuse paper
- Use the back-side of paper
- Reuse wrapping paper
- Write small
- Reuse paper bags
The ways to segregate the waste:-
- Waste segregation basically means keeping wet and dry wastes separately, so that dry can be recycled and wet waste can be composed etc.
The ways to take care of plants:-
- Make certain there are one or more holes in the bottom of the container to allow water to flow out freely.
- Do not use soil from the yard or garden as it contains germs and you should use soil only from the nursery.
- Make right plant, right place your motto. You must take into consideration the conditions of your space.
Keep your surroundings neat and green.
The Directors present at the event gave speech to encourage the employees. After that various games were organised so that the employees could relax and enjoy.