ERP stands for Enterprise Resource Planning and is used to drive the business to new heights and helps to successfully store the data online. ERP strategy is also an essential feature for implementing an ERP. ERP in MIS is an important feature for the company. MIS is Management Information System for the managing the information or data of the company. Before implementing ERP one has to understand what is ERP technology. ERP when implemented in an organisation it helps to decrease the unnecessary expenses and increase the gains from the company.
Open source web based ERP has the potential to communicate with all the departments. ERP software helps to implement all the functions of the company. The benefits of implementing an ERP systems are as follows:-
- Better customer satisfaction
- Better Productivity
- Greater Information
- Decreases in time to market
ERP Tools that are required for implementation of an ERP system are:
- A working system
- You just need an active Internet connection.
- A web based browser
- An expert to handle the system
- Proper understanding of the business
- Understanding of the previous system if working presently.
- You can access OSM from anywhere and anytime as per your convenience.
That’s all you need to run ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning)!!
Operating System for Manufacturing can do the following things:
Legal Compliance :
- There are over 30 Govt.Departments that a manufacturing unit has to interact with for Legal Compliance. Each of these departments have to be submitted reports in a specified format. It is very important to identify these departments, the reports required by them, arranging data to fill these reports and ensuring that these reports are submitted on time, every time.
- Not fully meeting the Legal Compliance makes you exposed to legal action and this makes you vulnerable to exploitation by the Inspector Raj.
- GAP-OSM helps you identify all the Legal Compliance requirements and also helps you monitor and complete them on time.
When an ERP is implemented in an organisation then that company grows and prospers. The industry must change with the changing customer needs and demands and execute this in the short span of time, so that the customer do not have to wait otherwise he will shift to the other options available in the market. ERP is a business management system which unifies all the business processes of the organisation. Its a misconception that ERP will change the business look in a day it will improve both your front end and the back end functions simultaneously.
ERP uses a centralized database management system and are flexible systems with best business practices.